Thursday, August 9, 2007

A few drinks at the bar "789", Royal Meridien


Last night, I went to the Royal Meridien and had a few drinks at the bar. The hotel is quite nice, but pretty big and many elevators. As a result, you can get lost very easily. Anyway, the bar 789 is located at the top three floors of the building. It is really cozy, especially since you have a 360 degree view over Shanghai. It is quite amazing to see the big city from above. Lately, we have no smog and you can see very far. The air quality is pretty good since strong winds are coming from the ocean. I hope it stays that way, but I do not think so. The service is not that great and kind of annoying. It always upsets me that I receive dirty and damaged menu cards. In my view, there is enough staff there to take care of things like that one. However, I am wrong. In addition, the server did not even know the food menu. Hence, the food menu consists only of some tapas and other snacks. Not a big deal to learn! We will see whether they can improve the service soon.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Of course, you find things to complain about, Mr. Jobst!!