Sunday, March 2, 2008

My new job at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, Cambodia


It has been a long time that I had time to post something on my blog. However, I would like to inform you that I have been working at Raffles Hotel Le Royal since September 17, 2007. I am employed as Restaurant Manager for the fine-dining restaurant. It also includes being responsible for the wine cellar with about 400 different bottles from the old and new world. I really enjoy learning something about the wines from Australia. It is also my pleasure to be able to try very expensive wines from Bordeaux and be able to execute wine dinners with various suppliers. My working hours are tough, but I enjoy to deal with a new culture. It is also nice to have a room in the hotel, but in that case I am available 24/7 meaning not that great when you just wanna be alone.
Es tut mir leid, dass ich erst jetzt etwas schreibe. Seit 17. September bin ich im Raffles Hotel Le Royal angestellt und habe die Position als Restaurant Manager für das Gourmetrestaurant angenommen. Zusätzlich bin ich für den Weinkeller verantwortlich, wo etwa 400 verschiedene Weine aus aller Welt lagern. Es ist interessant so viele und teuere Weine probieren zu können und vor allem lerne ich auch den Australischen Wein kennen, der für mich noch ziemlich unbekannt ist. Meine Arbeitszeiten sind nicht gerade ideal, aber es ist schön eine neue Kultur zu sehen und im Hotel leben zu dürfen. Jedoch ist man dadurch immer auf Abruf und dies ist nicht so toll, wenn man mal alleine sein möchte.

No comments: