Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday, July 30, 2007


Last night, I had dinner at "The Kitchen Salvatore Cuomo" at Pudong. We had a nice table with view of the Bund, but the service was a real pain. First of all, the wine was served warm and somehow I had a hard time to communicate that white wine should be served cold. After that, our main courses were served together with one appetizer, meaning my friend had to eat his main course by himself. I used to think that you serve the appetizer first and the other people have to wait then. In addition, my main course "Penne Pasta with Basil and Zucchini" was served cold. Obviously, I send it back and complained. Finally, my friend ordered a cappucchino that was served cold. I guess the server though it is so hot outside, so that it would be good to serve cold drinks. Anyway, I do not think that it was worthwhile to visit this very popular Italian restaurant.
After our dinner, we walked to the Jin Mao Tower and took the elevator up to the 87th floor where Cloud 9 is situated. It is the world highest bar (about 400m) and belongs to the Grand Hyatt in Shanghai. It is quite nice since you have a 360 degree view over Shanghai and you can see how big that city is. The bad point is that the service is not very professional and they have a minimum spending of 120 RMB meaning you have to drink at least two drinks. I guess that it keeps the cheap tourists away. Overall, it was nice, but the view at 789, Le Royal Meridien is much better.

No comments: